Basel, 06 March 2019
Dear Ladies & Gentlemen, DBRT and non-DBRT members, we are delighted to announce that
Margot Scheltema - member of the Board of Directors for Lonza,
has agreed to speak during the upcoming DBRT luncheon (12:00-14:15 hours ) on 16th of April 2019 at the Radisson Blu in Basel.
Title: "A decade of corporate and organisational governance and experience"
Key questions, she will address:
1. What is the relevance and excitement of a board role?
2. What are the key differences between Swiss & Dutch companies from a board perspective?
3. What are the main lessons after a decade of advising a range of companies as board member?
Margot Scheltema holds a doctorate in international law from the University of Amsterdam and a Master of International Affairs (MIA) from Columbia University in New York. She has substantial knowledge as a finance, corporate governance and risk management expert, demonstrated by her operative roles in finance and management and supervisory roles in the financial sector (bank, central bank, insurance and pension funds).
In addition to her position at Lonza, she is also:
· Member of the Supervisory Board of the Dutch Central Bank
· Member of the Central Plan Committee Dutch Planning Bureau
· Chair of the Monitoring Committee of the Dutch Pension Fund Code
· Council to the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal
· Member of the Supervisory Board of Warmtebedrijf Rotterdam
· Member of the Supervisory Board of TNT Express
· Member of the Supervisory Board of Schiphol NV
Please confirm your attendance only by email latest by Friday April 12th to Pieter van den Bold.
Registration Fee for the event is CHF 60 to be paid in cash at the entrance. Please be aware that a no-show fee will have to be charged. Feel free to share this invitation within your business network with any interested party. They are most welcome to join!
We look forward to welcome you all on the 16th of April for this exciting and informative event.
With kind regards,
- 12:00-14:15 hours
- CHF 60